1. <map id="KQhBz"><figure id="KQhBz"></figure></map>

    1. Your current location:Home >> Visa >> Getting a Visa
      Q2 Visa

        Welcome to this window for going through the formalities of applying for the Q2 Visa (for Short Term Reunion). Please pay attention to the following relevant contents of which you are informed. Thanks for your cooperation.

        I. Qualifications:

        Foreign family members of Chinese citizens living in Shanghai and foreign family members of foreigners holding Foreigner’s Permanent Residence Card who come to China for short term visit.

        II. Formalities

        1. Handing over the original of the valid passport and visa for examination;

        2. The original and copy of the Registration Form of Temporary Residence for Visitors (issued by the hotel or the police substation of the area where the lodging takes place);

        3. Submitting the Foreigner Visa and Residence Permit Application Form completely filled up and one recent 2-inches half-length, bareheaded and full-face photograph;

        4. The original and copy of certificates of proof of family relationship;

        5. Certificate letter from the person to be visited;

        6. Submitting the certificates conforming to the origin of application:

        (1) To visit citizens of Shanghai, applicants should hand over certificate of household registry and original and copy of the citizen ID card of the person to be visited;

        (2) To visit citizens of other provinces, applicants should hand over original and copy of the Chinese citizen ID card, valid residence certificate in Shanghai, employment certificate or real estate ownership certificate of the person to be visited;

        (3) To visit overseas Chinese, citizens of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, applicants should hand over the original and copy of exit-entry travel documents, employment certificate or real estate ownership certificate of the person to be visited;

        (4) To visit resident foreigners, applicants should hand over the original and copy of the passport, Foreigner’s Permanent Residence Card, employment certificate or real estate ownership certificate of the person to be visited.


        1. The family members mentioned above refer to spouses, parents, parents-in-law, children, spouses of children, brothers and sisters, grandparents, grandparents-in-law, grandchildren and grandchildren-in-law;

        2. Certificates of proof of family relationship could be issued by government authorities such as civil affairs, public health or police department, notary public or embassy and consulate of the country of origin. Those certificates issued by foreign authorities must be authenticated by Chinese embassies or consulates abroad, and Chinese translation from qualified institution in China is required if those certificates are not in Chinese;

        3. If exit-entry administrative organization under public security organ, as it considers necessary, requires to interview the applicant or to demand the applicant to submit other supplementary materials, however, the applicant fails to undergo the interview or submit the materials at/during the appointed time/period, the application will be deemed as cancelled, unless force majeure;

        4. Decisions made by the exit-entry administration on rejecting applications for visa extension or reissuance, or on not issuing foreigners’ stay or residence permits or not extending the duration of residence shall be final.

        III. Business hours and location:

        Shanghai Municipality Public Security Bureau Exit-Entry Administration Bureau:

        Monday --- Saturday 9:00 – 17:00 (excluding public holidays, only documents collection in Saturday)

        Free-trade Zone Branch Exit-entry Detachment, exit-entry administrative office of each district:


        IV. Time limit

        Within 7 working days if application documents are complete.

        V. Fee standard

        For details, refer to the Visa fee standard of Reciprocal countries and Non-Reciprocal countries, the State Development and Planning Commission and the Ministry of Finance [J.J.G. (2003) No.392]